
I've never been able to decide which album I prefer - the brilliant debut, Employment, or the terrific follow-up, Yours Truly, Angry Mob. Both contain pop-perfect melodies throughout, inspiring sing-a-longs and smiling faces - the good stuff. Sadly, that feeling is lost on Off With Their Heads. Granted, there are some nice pop melodies that harken back to the earlier albums - 'Good Days Bad Days' is catchy as hell, while 'Always Happens Like That' carries a great beat.
On the flip side, the first single 'Never Miss A Beat' is a shocker. It's a contender for the worst single I've ever heard. Not only this, it lacks any sort of meaning or, well, point. Ricky told the world that on radio, so it's straight from the horse's mouth, as the saying goes.
Maybe it's only me, but I wish the Kaiser Chiefs would return to what they do best - making catchy pop tunes. You know, the likes of 'Ruby', which can get extensive radio play just as long as the fans have numerous hidden gems to find on the album. I'm still digging on this one ...
Rating: 6.2
Download:
No comments:
Post a Comment